Answered By: Wendy Simpson Last Updated: Jun 30, 2016 Views: 128
Using Google Scholar in conjunction with NMSU Library's databases can be very effective because it allows you to search through all databases available at the library. To get started, you have to change a few settings.
1) Browse to scholar.google.com and click the "Settings" icon in the top right.
2) Then, click "Library Links."
3) Next, search for New Mexico State University in the search field.
4) Finally, check off all the intstitutions from which you would like to retrieve and click "Save."
5) Now when you search Google Scholar, your results will indicate which sources are available through the NMSU Library. You will also notice Google Scholar will display sources that are available for free from other institutions.
Click the links indicated below to access the source you need.
6) If you click "Full-Text @ NMSU" you will be directed to a page that looks like the one below. From here, find and click the link that says "Article." In some cases you may notice more than one "Article" link. Any of these will take you to the source for which you searched.